Royal Air Maroc will begin Fifth Freedom flights in West Africa later next month with the launch of a 3x weekly Accra-Monrovia Roberts-Freetown return service. Operations commence from March 15 and are on-board a B737-700 based out of the Ghanaian capital, Accra.
Ghana has offered Fifth Freedom traffic rights to several carriers operating into and out of Accra including:
– Kenya Airways (KQ, Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta): which serves Monrovia and Freetown;
– South African Airways (SA, Johannesburg O.R. Tambo) which offers flights to Abidjan as well as toWashington Dulles;
– TAP Air Portugal (TP, Lisbon) which serves São Tome;
– ASKY Airlines (KP, Lomé), MEA – Middle East Airlines (ME, Beirut), Emirates (EK, Dubai Int’l),EgyptAir (MS, Cairo Int’l) and Air Burkina (2J, Ouagadougou) which all serve Abidjan;
– Air Côte d’Ivoire (HF, Abidjan) which serves Cotonou.